Regional Sales Engineer
The Regional Sales Engineer (RSE) is responsible for actively developing new business within the territory. The RSE will work independently and/or with distributors to identify, manage, and drive new opportunities through the evaluation stage of the sales process to closing. The RSE will be working in conjunction with the Account Development Team, Product Marketing Team, Application Engineering Team, as well as the Technical Support Team, to promote products.
The RSE must possess strong new business development skills as well as a high degree of knowledge of vertical markets and industries. Top negotiating and networking skills are a priority, as this person will be working closely with the regional based distributors on large projects that will involve a professional/educated approach in order to secure business.
Strong communication and teamwork skills are important. Not only will the RSE be working closely with channel partners and key distributor partners in order to secure business, but they must also be able to work closely with departments within to increase their knowledge and effectiveness in front of customers. Experience in dealing with regional and national level industrial and device networking distribution is preferred.
- Meet/exceed territory sales quotas as established by the Regional Sales Manager (RSM)
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations.
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams.
- Able to travel throughout sales territory.
- Be proficient in sales skills and implement the skills to build strong relationships, generate profitable revenue and drive optimum results.
- Focus on the customer by averaging a minimum of 12-16 sales calls per week.
- Fully utilize Salesforce.com as a tool to enhance productivity and document the sales process
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- The Dallas USA RSE should reside in and provide sales coverage for all of Dallas.
- 4-year degree required preferably in Engineering or equivalent industry experience and training.
- 5 years prior application, sales and/or training experience.
- Experience within the industrial electronics/networking industry preferred.
- Ability to schedule and conduct presentations, seminars, and training to large groups.
- Experience calling on consultants, end users, industrial OEM's and utilities is preferred.
- Proficient in Windows applications.
- Experience in organizing and managing a sales territory.
Role: Regional Sales Engineer
Apply for this job now.