Grafton Banks are currently recruiting for a Financial Analyst and Modeller. This role sits within the Business Partnering team and will support one of three separate business functions.
Stakeholder Management and business partnering
- Effectively partner the business to create financial solutions for a specific pillar of the business
- This role holder will be aligned to a specific pillar and will be required to create effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the pillar
- Liaise with the pillar senior leadership team to deliver accurate financial information to aid decision making to maximise shareholder value and return
- Add value through support and challenge of the business in all commercial decision making, providing financial analysis support as necessary
Strategic and Commercial Acumen
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of key business performance (KPI's) drivers and be able to draw conclusions from the suite of KPI's available
- Produce detailed financial models as appropriate for the pillar cost analysis, Revenue performance and profitability models
- Create models for business initiative development and tracking
Business Initiatives and Tracking
- Develop analysis and models for initiative cost benefit analysis and assist in developing presentations to Exco and Manco
- Ensure the benefits of initiatives are accurately tracked and presented on a monthly basis and challenge where appropriate
- Drive business improvements and contribute to the success of the business. Act as a catalyst in driving forward initiatives critical to delivering the strategy.
Performance Monitoring and Challenge
- Understanding KPIs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and extrapolate that performance to the financial impact influencing options to mitigate any shortfall
- Investigate any trends or variance of actual to budget and forecast performance
- Create and monitor relevant MI reports of key trading stats
- Help the business partner track and challenge cost spend across the pillar
Planning and Forecasting
- Assist with the creation of the annual Budget and quarterly reforecast for the pillar, gathering relevant data and helping to determine assumption development across the plan period
- Help ensure the change initiatives are correctly reflected in the budgets and forecast
- Help ensure the internal IT development for the initiatives is correctly reflected in the budgets and forecasts
The successful candidate will have experience within the insurance sector having worked in a commercial finance analyst role. You will be nearly, or newly qualified accountant having obtained or are studying towards the ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification.
This role would suit someone who would like to develop into a finance or senior finance business partner in the coming years and who have got experience with financial modelling and pricing.
Remote working available