Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Swindon Borough Council to provide them with a Principal for Standards and Practice in Children's Community Health Services on a 3-6 month initial contract which is likely to be extended into a longer-term contract.
This role 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday and offers a pay rate of £278-£350 per day. This may be negotiable dependent on your experience.
As a successful Principal for Standards and Practice, your duties will be:
- To be the CQC Registered Manager for SBC regulated activities for children.
- To provide specialist and expert advice and guidance to practitioners and managers particularly as an expert on health and well-being, safeguarding and best practice.
- To develop and implement appropriate arrangements for clinical supervision and accountability of health care practices in liaison with the NMC
- To be responsible for the co-ordination and completion of Clinical Audit and Quality Assurance processes and undertake case file audits in accordance with policy and practice standards taking appropriate remedial action where necessary.
- To be the accountable officer within Children's Services that manages the Council's relationship with the CCG and Public Health.
- To take the lead role in preparing for inspections by Care Quality Commission across the whole service and support the wider safeguarding and looked after children inspection processes (ILAC Inspection framework).
- To work closely with the children services performance team to develop a single case management system fit for purpose for all health practitioners to support the process of information sharing and case work management.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Relevant degree level professional Health or clinical related qualification e.g. Children's Nurse, Therapist (OT, Speech and Language Therapist, Physiotherapist)
- Extensive strategic management experience in both a health and integrated working settings.
- Demonstrable in-depth understanding of legislation and statutory guidance relating to health wellbeing and Integrated working
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Child Care Legislation, Health Care Policy and Guidance, child protection procedures, Education Support and SEN guidance and other relevant policy
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. firstname.lastname@example.org / 01772 954 200