Teacher of Maths
£105.00 - £130.00 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum qualification required for this position is a PGCE in Maths along with experience teaching KS3 and 4.
Vision for Education are recruiting for a Maths Teacher on behalf of a specialist school in the Durham area. This is an exciting opportunity to engage and inspire a group of young learners that are very vulnerable and disengaged with education. With the right personality, empathy and perseverance, this will prove to be an incredibly rewarding role.
The role with start in September 2021, it will be on a long-term supply basis with the view of it becoming a permanent, contracted role for the right person.
The ideal candidate will hopefully meet all of the following criteria:
- Be comfortable delivering Maths to KS3 and KS4 students.
- Have the ability to empathise with and engage some of the most hard to reach young people
- Have the ability to treat every day as a fresh start in what can be a very challenging environment.
- Have previous experience working with challenging behaviour / be Team Teach trained.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on #removed#.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.