We are recruiting a Prep Chef!
As a Prep Chef at NWTC, you are the reason our guests leave with a smile on their face and a wee food baby. You prepare and cook fresh food to order in a busy service and you do it as a part of your incredible team.
The hustle and bustle of a busy kitchen service is what you thrive on and you love the fast-paced nature of your role. Communication is key in our kitchen and vital for the window chef to pull everyone in the same direction. You are the reason our delicious food makes its way out to our guests.
Every day is a perfect opportunity to develop your skills and ready yourself for your next move up to Junior Sous Chef. Don't forget to share your skills with the rest of your team though, everything you do to help train your team at this point will only make you stronger. As true professionals, we expect all of our Chefs to be clean and presentable at all times. This means a clean, ironed uniform is a good start so you're always looking your best. You will always portray a positive and upbeat attitude in your role, especially around our guests!.
- Ensure every guest interaction is ultra positive and with the intention of getting them to have a return visit
- Undertake all Kitchen Porter responsibilities where relevant/needed.
- Open your section and ensure you are ready for service.
- Prepare dishes inline with company specs at all times.
- Strive to meet ticket times and communicate effectively where you are unable to.
- Support the Senior Chef on duty to ensure a smooth service.
- Prep food in line with prep lists.
- Close down / hand over section clean and tidy with full prep list written.
- Always be H+S and food safety Compliant and follow all procedures and policies in every aspect.
- Undertaking any reasonable management requests
- Treat everyone with respect and remain calm at all times.
Here's what we can offer:
- Multi award-winning company. Including Sunday Times Top 100 Companies, 4 years running.
- Multi brand operator, rapidly expanding - plenty of progression opportunities.
- 50% discount on food for you and all your guests at any of our restaurants.
- Company pension scheme.
- An employee assistance program providing support on financial, health and legal issues.
- Discretionary benefits.
At The New World Trading Company, we continue to break the mould of the modern pub. This means that not only do we encourage individuality, we value it! And believe our business thrives on it - from the spaces we create for guests, to the careers we build for our people - you are your only limit!
If our brand matches yours, apply below!