Position is responsible effectively preparing, operating and maintaining assigned finishing equipment (tape layer, tacker, laminator, die-cutter, inspection, hot stamping, and other equipment as needed) under direction of Finishing Shift Lead or Finishing Manager to ensure the production and timely delivery of high-quality plastic secured cards according to customer specifications and Company quality objectives.
- Operates assigned machine or function based on specific work instructions and according to hands-on training received
- Responsible for accurate machine setup, operations, loading and unloading of materials and error adjustments based on product specifications and customer job ticket requirements
- Continually checks, monitors and corrects any quality issues that may occur during each customer job run to minimize downtime and waste
- Performs minor preventative maintenance and repairs and reports any mechanical defects to Finishing Shift Lead or Finishing Manager on assigned equipment
- Maintains an accurate record of all completed work in shop floor data system and/or manual forms as required
- Completes required audit paperwork based on job stage and equipment operated
- Complies with ISO 9001:2000 certification for all areas of responsibility
- Ensures completed product is staged in the next work area with appropriate job ticket information attached
- Keeps materials, supplies, product carts, boxes, cartons, and other supplies needed to be stocked in the department and notifies Finishing Shift Lead or Finishing Manager of any inventory order needs
- Maintains acceptable productivity, quality, service, spoilage, security and safety goals
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- Follows all company procedures and rules
- Follows all customer mandated security procedures and process requirements
- Conducts self in a respectful and professional manner with a focus on teamwork, quality, and timeliness at all times
- High school diploma required
- Good mechanical aptitude with the ability to select and use appropriate equipment, supplies, and tools
- Good math skills to be able to compute percentages, proportions, area, circumference, volume, weights and measures.
- Good detail and decision-making skills in order to set up equipment, check product quality, problem solve and make adjustments to meet customer deadlines and requirements
- Ability to follow/interpret written, oral and diagram instructions and specifications
- Must be security and safety-oriented
- Must be reliable through good attendance, punctuality, and cooperation
- Must be able to stand long periods of time
CPI Card Group® is a payment technology company and leading provider of credit, debit and prepaid solutions delivered physically, digitally and on-demand. CPI helps our customers foster connections and build their brands through innovative and reliable solutions, including financial payment cards, personalization and fulfillment, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) instant issuance. CPI has more than 20 years of experience in the payments market and is a trusted partner to financial institutions and payments services providers. Serving customers from locations throughout the United States, CPI has a large network of high security facilities, each of which is certified by one or more of the payment brands: Visa, Mastercard®, American Express and Discover®. Learn more at #removed#.
The health and safety of our employees continues to be a top priority at CPI Card Group as we face the challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Across our production and fulfillment facilities we have implemented procedures such as enhanced cleaning, daily temperature checks, social distancing measures, and required face masks for all individuals onsite in our facilities. We also continue to monitor federal, state and local health and safety guidelines and requirements to adjust our procedures as necessary. These are just a few examples of our commitment to the safety and health of our workplaces.
Competitive pay rates and an inclusive, empowering and rewarding culture.
Solid benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, FSA, HSA, Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holiday Pay, Tuition Reimbursement and 401K with a competitive company match percentage.
CPI is an EEO Employer. A complete background including drug screen is contingent upon hire.