Reports to: Director of Operations
Department: Purchasing/Sales Support/Administration
The purpose of the Customer Service position is to act as a liaison between customers and companies. Assist with sourcing product, creating quotes, placing orders, purchasing product and services, account questions, billing, cancelations, and other queries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Source a multitude of different products and services.
- Prepare purchase orders for products through Salespad and ConnectWise or other established processes.
- Administer the purchasing system.
- Utilize purchasing system for procurement of products.
- Work with vendors to maintain viable relationships.
- Perform the RMA process to procure replacement products from manufacturers and vendors or refund.
- Return defective equipment to manufactures and vendors for replacement or new purchase.
- Maintain product listing, with price and cost information, in Salespad and ConnectWise.
- Escalate manufacturer and vendor grievances to the Director of Operations as needed.
- Maintain manufacturer and vendor relationships and contracts.
- Work with the Accounting and Finance department to ensure accurate and timely processing of customer invoices.
- Provide detailed product information to the sales team when preparing quotes.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Sales Team with their duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Understand the Quoting process that initiates the Sales Order process that initiates the purchasing process which flows through to receiving.
- Attend weekly sales meetings and ensure open orders and returns are compliant with company policy.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Review relevant publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future trends emerging in the industry.
- Responsible for managing service tickets in ConnectWise as they occur.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to multi-task, stay organized, and track multiple customer requests.
- Proficient with general office applications including online purchasing system and internet savvy.
- Good with numbers and understanding of pricing and margin
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in business administration or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of procurement or related experience.
Corserva is a privately held national Managed IT Service Provider headquartered in Trumbull, CT. For over 30 years, we’ve driven customer success by assessing, architecting, implementing, managing and protecting the IT that runs business. We do all of this by collaborating with best-of-breed technology partners to deliver exceptional value and customized IT solutions that support business growth. We have the operational and technical expertise to deliver results across a customer’s business. From servers to storage, and networks to security, we leverage our abilities in consulting, technology, and outsourcing to advance customer possibilities, reduce risks, and cut operational costs.
Role: Purchasing/Sales Support
Apply for this job now.