Private Safety Company seeking breathing air technican / commpressor technician for in-house services and/or client turnarounds.
Essential Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for monitoring low pressure and high-pressure breathing air.
- Ensure packs are current and not expired.
- Offer Rigup / Rig Up services in an industrial environment.
- Provide routine inspection and maintenance of breathing air regulators and reducers
- Receipt, inspection, cleaning, servicing, reassembling and testing of various SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) and other respiratory equipment and breathing air equipment in accordance with approved testing and service procedures.
- Completes thorough documentation of services rendered and equipment in service
- Stocks shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pulling, staging and loading customer orders onto trucks for delivery.
- Maintains work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D
- 3 plus years air pack maintenance experience (6, 12 Packs)
- Previous SCBA maintenance exp required.
- Electrical experience preferred.
- Minimum 23 years or older
- No plant restrictions
- Rig up experience highly preferred.
- Experience supporting safety conditions within Petrochemical and/or Oil and Gas plant environments.
- Valid Drivers License and clean driving record
- Ability to submit to and pass drug and background screening.
- OSHA and industrial certifications preferred.
- Current TWIC card
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal skills a must in the English language.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Ability and willingness to work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employee population in a professional manner.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Must be flexible to work long hours including on-call, weekends and holiday schedule.
- Sincere and Committed to Customer Service & Safety
- Accurate and Productive to Support Quality
- Fearlessly Ethical, Fair and Consistent to ensure Organizational Integrity and Safety Compliance
- Empowered to support engaged growth by ensuring team collaboration, development and motivation
- Ready & Urgent Subject Matter Leader
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand; reach; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The employee will be required to work in varied temperatures: heat and cold workspaces.
- Must be able to distinguish between colors.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time - direct hire employment opportunity. The employee must be willing to work weekends and holidays as needed. Overnight travel likely. Additional hours may be needed. On-call availability required.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We recognize each individual’s potential to offer significant contributions to our organization’s growth and stability.
Role: Breathing Air Technician
Apply for this job now.