Reporting directly to the Vice President of Sales, The Director of Sales, Industrial, plays a lead role in strengthening and expanding Techniplas' sales in targeted markets and industries. This role will take on established programs while continuing to grow our business. This position will work out of our Nashotah, WI facility with two inside sales direct reports.
What's in the job...
- Work with the Vice President of Sales to strategically determine new opportunities and acquire new business within targeted market segments.
- Develop and maintain robust customer and market plans including three to five year target revenues.
- Create and maintain higher-level relationships with targeted customers, particularly with engineering, design, and purchasing. Evidence of this engagement would be formal representation at customer design review meetings and engaging Techniplas earlier in the product development cycle at key customers.
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Sales and the Techniplas leadership team, this position will play a key role in designing and implementing a world class “go to market” process for Techniplas.
- Establish strong and positive relationships with all key functions at Techniplas. Gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Company's product development, engineering, purchasing, financial, manufacturing, and materials functions in order to effectively represent their viewpoint to the customer.
- Work with the Vice President of Sales to continuously improve our quoting and new program launch effectiveness.
- Successfully close new business opportunities by playing a leadership role during the development and negotiation of contracts and supporting a seamless transition of awarded work to operations.
- Play a positive and proactive role as a member of the sales and marketing group to support an effective and continuously improving commercial team.
- Work closely with Program Engineers in the New Product Development process to ensure on time and on budget program launches.
- Generate creative solutions that solve customer or internally identified problems including; plastic part design enhancements, metal to plastic conversions, automation, mold design and processing aids.
- Maintain updated account knowledge of the margin and profit levels of key production parts and address changes to pricing/contract details where necessary (e.g. material adjustment clauses).
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Requirements you bring…
- Technically oriented undergraduate degree preferred. Advanced technical degree and/or MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Business Development for plastic molding.
- Demonstrated experience acquiring new business. Ability to leverage established network of strategic contacts and a clearly demonstrated track record of creating positive growth.
- Ability to read and interpret CAD files, drawings, material requirement and quality specifications to allow for review whit the customer.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in plastic injection molding manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, IQMS, Salesforce.com, or other CRM process.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels inside and outside the organization both verbally as well as written.
- Proficient at planning, organization, goal setting and the establishment of priorities.
- High energy, proactive effort to make Techniplas successful.
- Consistently models the highest levels of professionalism.
- Highly organized, systematic approach to work.
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
Techniplas is a leading global design and manufacturing provider of engineered products and services that are helping to shape the future of mobility. Our 2,000 associates, around the world, are passionate about making the connected world. By continuously expanding the reach of our data enabled cognitive technologies into everything we do, we deliver personalized, performance-enhanced and sustainable mobility. For more information, please visit #removed#
Everything we do is based on the quality and dedication of the Techniplas team, and our team members are our biggest asset. We will continue to attract, retain, and energize the best and the brightest and invest in deepening their capabilities.
Techniplas provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Techniplas complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Role: Director of Sales, Industrial
Apply for this job now.