This is a mid level position to provide coordination in 2D and 3D Building Information Modeling throughout the design and documentation process. The position will take ownership of BIM schedules, while motivating and following-up with appropriate Sub-contractor personnel to ensure timely model completion. This individual will conduct BIM coordination meetings utilizing Anslow Bryant’s in-house BIM Cave, until vertical construction begins and meetings move to the job-site. A key skill is to develop and maintain positive long-term relationships with the Project Management team, outside Architects and Sub-contractors. This position will lead the effort to redefine digital design and documentation processes, while analyzing and developing the virtual construction process.
Major Duties and Functions
Work daily with project management staff to maintain the AB BIM process that captures client specified features of a BIM implementation.
Develops, documents and implements practices and standards to optimize efficiency and accuracy of BIM projects.
Works with project teams to integrate BIM into their current practices and enhance project value.
Coordinates with software consultants to ensure BIM practices are integrated into system design and enhancements.
Integrates and/or exports BIM data into various third party/client applications and formats
Maintains knowledge of practices and trends in the BIM field.
Develops relationships with user groups and organizations to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the BIM field.
Positively represents the company in the BIM community.
Business Development / Marketing
- Write BIM related summaries for internal and external use.
- Prepare renderings, 3-D model walkthroughs and 4-D simulations for proposal development and interviews.
- Act as the central hub for BIM coordination with Project Managers, Owners, Architects, Engineers and Sub Contractors to discuss and resolve constructability issues, design problems.
- Develop the BIM implementation Plan on new projects.
- Develop the BIM Execution Plan and schedule with project team.
- Plan for timely BIM Kickoff meetings with the project team, and follow the established processes.
- Run the weekly 3D MEP Coordination/Clash avoidance sessions with the project team. Maintain contact with sub-contractor teams throughout the project.
- Plan and be responsible for transition effort of BIM information to the field. Research and implement innovative solutions, digital tools such as iPad applications. Conduct 3D Model Field Verification on field as vertical construction begins.
- Creating 3-D Content or further develop existing models from the design team to be used for specific BIM processes at all project phases.
- Assist project teams by modeling building systems as needed.
- Prepare Navisworks federated models for team clash coordination meetings.
- Prepare and maintain Clash Reports for Construction Team and create digital sign-off agreements with the trade partners at each milestone.
- Ensure software compatibilities for all 3-D model files. Assist in document conversion and file management
- Proactively pursue personal development to remain proficient in latest BIM technologies and programs by attending events such as BIM Forums, Revit Users groups.
- Support operations for missing project plan information via AutoCAD.
- Train others (internally) to use BIM tools and processes.
- Observe the BIM process on current projects to capture new/better means and methods.
Architecture/Construction Science/related field degree required.
Must be self-motivated, resourceful and organized, able to work independently.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to articulate BIM concepts and practices to all levels of the team.
Must maintain ongoing education to retain proficiency in the field.
Demonstrate an intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with the following software applications:
Working Conditions / Physical Effort
Work performed in a normal office environment and on construction job-sites
Required to sit at a desk for long periods of time
Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement
Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds
High-Rise Construction, School Construction, Prestigious Customers, 23 Years in Business
Role: BIM / VDC Coordinator / Manager
Apply for this job now.