Responsible for coordinating the development of all shipments, including raw materials for manufacturing support, intermediates (WIP) and finished goods, with domestic and international transportation suppliers. In addition, responsible for the management and execution of all shipping documentation with an emphasis on adherence to U.S. export law to satisfy customer requirements of international subsidiaries. Functions include spreadsheet analysis of critical transportation/carrier performance data, expediting critical and time-sensitive shipments.
1. Manage logistics pipeline between supplier and customer through manipulating and analyzing raw data from numerous sources.
2. Control logistics process and develop strategies to ensure timely delivery and customer satisfaction.
3. Examine effectiveness of strategies by weighing the trade off between speed of delivery and cost of transportation.
4. Educate and consult with customers to increase service, meet expectations, and encourage developing markets through open communications and by developing trusting relationships.
5. Initiate, lead and participate in cross-functional, cross-business initiatives.
6. Understand and enforce the compliance of departments such as: US department of Commerce, FDA, DOT as it pertains to the transportation of goods domestically and internationally.
7. Manage continuous improvement through development of document control procedures.
Education / Experience
Completed High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree (disciplines: Supply Chain, Finance or Accounting-preferred), strongly desired
Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.), Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
JD Edwards, SAP, or ERP system experience preferred, but not required.
1-2+ years of recent relevant experience, required; 3-5 years of recent relevant experience, nice to have.
Previous experience within a regulated environment, required
Soft skills: organized, detail oriented, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to follow up
Are you looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding? You have come to the right place! RJ2 & Associates can open up a door to a world of employment opportunities. RJ2 & Associates is a Chicagoland premier Engineering & IT staffing service.
Whether you are looking for a permanent career, a temporary position, or a temp to perm position RJ2 can facilitate your success. Whatever your occupational field RJ2 offers a wide variety of clients in all employment arenas can help you to expand your interviewing audience. At RJ2 we work hard to make our employees feel appreciated and positive about their job search experiences. Apply today and let RJ2 start working for you!
RJ2 partners with leading employers to offer you outstanding employment opportunities in a wide variety of fields, including:
Role: Supply Chain Logistics Analyst (5492)
Location: Round Lake,
Apply for this job now.