Teacher of English
Start: February 2021
Contract: Temporary to Permanent, full time
Payscale: MPS/UPS, can also consider graduates interested in 'train to teach'.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified and motivated teacher of English to secure a role at one of the most welcoming and progressive Secondary Schools in the New Forest. With a department that is really focused on ensuring no two English lessons are ever the same, they are looking for a passionate English Teacher to contribute to their successful team.
The school has been classed as 'Good' by Ofsted in 2017 and is now oversubscribed. With 700+ students across Key Stage 3 and 4, the school has a large focus on being ambitious for all of its students. With a high amount of pupil premium, this gives the right English Teacher a great opportunity to develop their SEND provision and work on their differentiation capabilities. The school is recognised for its strong relationships between its students and staff and place a great emphasis on pastoral care as well as curriculum milestones.
The most recent Ofsted report commented on the infectious passion that the teachers have and the love that each teacher has for their subject area. This passion and love is then implemented in helping the students access and fully digest the curriculum.
The school have a highly qualified and motivated staff that are passionate about ensuring all students feel safe, happy and reach their potential. They offer a wide curriculum to meet the needs of all students as well as having an established and effective SEN department who support students with additional needs. For February 2021, they are looking to increase their English provision which opens up an exciting new opportunity for an English Teacher to join their well-resourced department that boasts excellent facilities, including five computer suites, Apple Technology and a state of the art library resource centre.
In addition to core English provision, the school has a Dyslexia support unit which can offer specialist English support for particular children.
The successful English Teacher will have the opportunity to teach across the KS3 and KS4 curriculum. You will liaise with other members of the faculty to plan lessons and schemes of learning, to assess and monitor pupil progress and to ensure that appropriate interventions are implemented as required. You will be joining a vibrant faculty that is characterised by passion for their subject and the support of students and each other.
Ideally you will be:
- A graduate with QTS or a graduate of English with a genuine desire to train to teach
- An innovative and dedicated (or aspiring) classroom practitioner with a record in raising standards and driving progress or the ability to accomplish that over time
- Able to inspire pupils to go beyond their expectations with a real passion for your subject or have had some experience tutoring as a graduate
- A creative and inventive professional, committed to being a positive role model for children
- Enthusiastic about contributing to the wider life of the school
- Keen to play a key role in the interventions and support given to students who require help
In return, you will receive:
- Significant investment in your continuing professional development each year.
- Enhanced pay scales.
- Accelerated progression for Outstanding teachers.
- Reduced Gym Membership (50% off standard any time membership).
- Entitlement to Staff Benefits package.
- On-site nursery discounts
- A laptop for use at home and a classroom fully equipped with interactive whiteboard.
- A state-of-the-art s