Position: Hotel Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Overall Scope & Responsibility:
To manage and to be accountable for the day to day operation of the hotel concentrating on all aspects but in particular to Guest Services, Accommodation, Front of House Management, Maintenance and BOH areas of the hotel.
- To contribute to the best of your ability to the overall profitability of Think Hospitality.
- To be fully aware with regard to the budget guidelines within the hotel operations and to assist in the preparation of the annual budgets.
- To provide and maintain the highest quality standard of service to all our customers at all times. Reporting any accidents and incidents through the correct communication channels.
- To always look at better and new standards for the hotel.
- To be fully aware and up to date with all legislation related to the hotel.
- To assist and work closely and communicate with all the other departments in the hotel as and when required.
- To be presentable to the best of your ability at all times whenever you represent Think Hospitality.
- To be fully aware of all details with regard to the staff handbook and being able to communicate this to all departments.
- To co-ordinate, manage and conduct staff training and develop the personnel focusing on Front Office, Accommodation and Maintenance.
- To manage and monitor the Hotel and inform the GM and HR of any incidents at all times.
- To be a pro-active manager to the best of your ability.
- To be overall responsible for the Hotel when the GM is not on site
- To set, monitor and maintain all standards within the main areas of responsibility.
- To conduct a weekly walk through with Engineer and Accommodation Manager, Front Office Manager and Housekeeping manager and report any work to be carried out.
- To have a room quality audit in place in conjunction with the accommodation manager
- To have a weekly CRM system meeting and produce weekly reports on this for use in planning meeting.
- To work closely with the third party operators and vendors of the hotel.
- To ensure correct staffing levels in all areas of responsibility working within the budgetary guidelines and at all times planning for peaks and troughs.
- To ensure holidays are managed effectively within the departments.
- To produce the weekly Schedule for the hotel and distribute this at least a week in advance.
- To ensure that the staff restaurant has varied menus and is kept in a condition as per standard decided.
- To work closely with Engineering and Housekeeping departments ensuring all back of house areas are in perfect condition.
- To host the morning meeting and operations meeting
- To attend the monthly planning meeting with the GM
- To report any maintenance issues through the correct channels ensuring that the CRM system is in proper use at all times.
- To ensure front office/accommodation and maintenance update proper training records and that training objectives are set and met
- To assist GM with the overall valet operation of the hotel and to ensure standard and procedures are met at all times.
- To be fully responsible for the management of the VIP program of the hotel.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
· Must be able to carry 10 lbs.
· Commitment to superior customer service and excellent customer service skills.
· Consistent record of meeting sales, customer service and operations objectives.
· Proven ability to influence a team and achieve results.
· Flexibility and creative problem-solving ability.
· Strong initiative and self-motivation.
· Fluency in job related English both verbal and non-verbal.
· An appreciation and respect for the diversity of all individuals in the workplace.
· Ability to handle pressure and work in a fast paced environment.
· Excellent management and leadership skills.
· Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends as necessary.
No job description for any position can possibly include all duties which may be requested by guests or required by the needs of the hotel. Listed above is a summary of the major responsibilities for this position.
Job Duties, tasks, schedules and requirements may be changed at any time. The receipt of a job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind.
Role: Hotel Manager
Location: Miami Beach,
Apply for this job now.