Are you a Metallurgist with a background in melting for ductile / grey iron?
Are you successful at metallurgy, melt operations, cost controls for melting, quality and safety?
Join a multi-generation, family owned, company where you will have an opportunity to influence the end products and be a key part of a small management team.
Enjoy benefits such as Health, Vision, Dental, Long Term Disability, Life, 401(k) with a 5% match, and Profit Sharing.
Located in near central Indiana
As the Metallurgist you will
Manage melt operations and lab technicians.
- Develop practices to improve safety, quality, efficiency, yield, productivity, and costs.
- Work in production and quality processes with emphasis in meeting customer specifications, quality standards, safety improvements, scrap reduction, non-conformities, fewer returns and productivity improvements.
- Work with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities and other considerations for existing and new production jobs.
- Provide training to operating personnel.
- Provide metallurgical assistance to management, engineering, foundry teams, and special projects.
- Melt Operations and quality related to metal.
- Management of Lab Personnel
- Scrap and Customer Returns
- Raw Material Inventory management
Requirements for the Metallurgist role
- Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgy or Material Science
- 3+ years of progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency
- Iron foundry experience - Grey or Ductile
- Electric Melt experience
- Green Sand
If you are a melt Metallurgist for ductile / grey iron apply today. #removed#
Career Transitions LLC staffs talent for our clients by assisting in direct-hire, contract and contract-to-hire placement. We also offer Outplacement services to companies.
Role: Metallurgist 7782JF
Apply for this job now.