Charles Taylor's management services business delivers a complete outsourced management service covering every aspect of mutual insurance company management. These include the management of underwriting and claims, the provision of regulatory and accounting services, as well as corporate governance and company secretarial services.
The business currently manages The Standard Club, which is a mutual association, owned by its members, providing liability insurance to around 9% of world shipping and The Strike Club, which is the only dedicated marine mutual insurer covering the costs of delays outside an operator's control.
This is an exciting time for The Standard Club as it progresses its project to move most of the management of its business inhouse, which will conclude in the second half of 2021. From then, Charles Taylor will continue to provide some services but the team within Charles Taylor which currently manages The Standard Club, including this vacant role, will move to be directly employed The Standard Club.
We currently have an interesting opportunity for an Underwriting Operations Assistant to provide administrative support to the Underwriting Operations Division. This will assist underwriters in underwriting new and existing business on behalf of the Standard Club on a profitable basis.
Key responsibilities will include: -
- Setting up and maintaining accurate data entries for members and maintain accurate data entries for members and ships in all parts of the Columbus system.
- Producing computer-generated entry debit notes and despatch to members/brokers, and despatch Certificates of Entry and endorsements to member/broker
- Producing documentation necessary for members to obtain entry approval by U.S. Coast Guard via Shoreline, SIGCO and other OPA guarantee providers, Letters of Undertaking to mortgagees.
- Issuing CLC Blue Cards and ITOPF documents for tanker owning members.
- Issuing appropriate Credit Note(s), Endorsements and advice of cancellation to appropriate third parties Where vessels are cancelled or withdrawn update records, to issue
- Producing Renewal statistics
- Debiting Renewal Premiums
- Educated to at least A' level standard or equivalent
- Ideally have previous experience working in the Lloyd's or London insurance market
- Competent on Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organisation skills - good at juggling tasks and prioritising
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) - Confident in communicating with senior stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Flexible hands on approach
- Ability to work well as part of a team