We are a global provider of IT Resources, IT Managed Services and flexible, ad-hoc IT Resource and Project Support. Founded in 1992, we have a proven track record of delivering business solutions to global organisations and Fortune 500 companies in over 40 countries. Over the last 27 years, we have delivered millions of pounds in cost savings to our clients. With offices in the UK, Europe, India and the US, we have clients spread across all 6 continents.
Our clients and our talented people have always guided our basic strategy and direction; so much so, that we named the company after our most basic principles. We are, and always will be 'allied’ to our client's needs and objectives. Our team is at the heart of our business, we are proud of each and every one of them. They are exceptional and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us.
Role - 2nd Line Desktop Support Professional
Type - Ad hoc support
We are hring for a 2nd line Desktop Support Engineer in Bournemouth for a hoiliday cover and backfill for 2 months.
- Provide 2nd Line onsite desktop and application support services to end users
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents relating to Desktop operating systems and mobile devices
- Repair hardware and peripheral faults in conjunction with warranty providers
- Take ownership of personal ticket queues and support colleagues when necessary to improve customer satisfaction whilst achieving contractual SLAs
- Operate cohesively with the service desk team to maintain service levels
- All work undertaken must be logged via a Service Desk Reporting Tool and this must be kept up to date and accurately and clearly indicate the incident details and remedial actions taken.
- Escalate all critical and high priority incidents to line and senior management
- Report recurring incidents to problem analyst teams and line management
- Proactively contribute to service improvement initiatives
- Provide technical expertise and assistance on project assignments
Behavioural skills required:
- Must have very good customer facing skills and be well presented
- Must have an assertive, confident, positive and a professional manner
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with colleagues and customers alike
- Demonstrates independent and pro-active thinking
- Highly organised with the ability to adapt to different working environment seamlessly
- Builds effective relationships both within the team and across the business scope
- Must be able to work to specified standards and required levels of deportment, conduct, and sound ethical workplace practices
- Must be able to work alone and unsupervised, taking the initiative when necessary
- Has an understanding and respect for service delivery processes
Technical skills required:
- Experience of operating within a Service Desk environment and team, supporting users either remotely or onsite and managing tickets through an Incident Management tool
- Excellent all-round knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems, with recent support experience in Windows 7 and 10
- Excellent support experience with mobile devices e.g. tablets and smartphones running iOS and Android OS
- Working knowledge of current and legacy hardware platforms
- Strong background in supporting latest Microsoft Office suite on Windows and Mac platforms with recent support.
- Good Knowledge of TCP/IP and Network configuration at a Desktop OS level
- Enterprise level support of Active Directory and Exchange for troubleshooting, configuration and administration activities
- Previous experience in the creation of technical support documentation
- Enterprise support of Microsoft Office 365, desktop and Admin
- Knowledge of Service Management processes e.g. ITIL
- Previous experience working in a managed service environment working to defined scope and with strict SLAs
- Exposure to Infrastructure technologies - Server, Networks etc
- Working knowledge of Mac OSx, Latest Windows OS (preferably A+, MCP or MCSE qualified) and related Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP Protocol, Citrix, routers and switches
- Basic experience of Support/administration of Windows servers
- Basic experience with Windows Server and associated architecture/services (Active Directory, Group Policy, server roles, DHCP, DNS, IIS)
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in 1st and 2nd level Support, at least 3+ years at level 2