Accounts Receivable Specialist
Martha & Mary has been caring for children, seniors and families in Greater Kitsap for over 130 years. Offering exceptional care that feels like family, we provide a wide continuum of care services for life's transitions, including skilled nursing, rehab, home care, care management and long term care, plus affordable senior housing options and outstanding early learning programs for children. As a non-profit, faith-based organization, we are keenly dedicated to delivering high quality, compassionate care requiring highly capable employees with warm hearts.
Martha & Mary is seeking an Accounts Receivable professional to join our Finance department located at our Poulsbo, WA location.
The Accounts Receivable position works as a member of the Accounting Team to provide a variety of administrative functions in several divisions and departments. This position assists the Controller and Department/Division Directors in promoting Martha & Mary as a caring and respectful workplace. The Accounts Receivable Specialist provides accurate and timely billing and collection services assuring state and federal requirements are performed accurately and on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain proper passwords and promote practices that ensure proper security
- Take the lead in conjunction with the Controller by performing and managing all aspects of the collection process with all related parties and agencies to ensure Martha & Mary is receiving all assets owed to it
- Prepare and edit bills to ensure accuracy
- Send bills to all pertinent parties and agencies accurately and regularly
- Record all revenue and cash receipts timely and accurately
- Work effectively with other departments to ensure that month-end closes accurately within six days after the end of each month
- Timely and accurately issue refunds to residents, families, or DSHS when appropriate
- Keep current on recent developments and law changes affecting billing and accounts receivable
- Establish and maintain financial records and other documentation easy retrieval and in compliance with facility and regulatory procedures
- Ensure client protected health information is not breached
- Complete Administrative/Regulatory documentation according to procedure by established deadlines
- Assist with preparation of Medicare and Medicaid cost reports
- Participate in gathering information for external financial statement audits
- Inform and patiently explain accounts receivable policies and procedures and complex reimbursement issues to customers and their families
- Serve as a resource to staff and managers on Accounts Receivable policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, billing out Medicaid, Medicare Parts A & B, Private Pay, Hospice, HMO, Third-Party Insurances, Ancillary Charges and Resident Trust.
- Maintain filing of all required documents
- Complete other ad hoc projects as needed
Education: High School Diploma or GED; training/education beyond high school preferred
Experience: Two Years' Experience working in a health care Accounting Department
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to access and navigate different departments at all organizational facilities
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background and reference checks. Martha & Mary is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status.