- For Accounts Payable, the responsibility lies on processing transactions accurately and timely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Reports to Director of Finance.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all Accounts Payable functions, Company policies and procedures, government regulations, data information systems and business relations with other companies as well as outside vendors.
- Demonstrates commitment to Company's mission, values, and standards of ethical behavior.
- Models a positive and professional image that emulates the organization's mission and encourages a spirit of cooperation with co-workers. Provides assistance to co-workers and promotes teamwork by sharing information useful to achieving desired results.
- Codes such items as invoices, credit memos, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes confirming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Review and verify invoices, manual check requests, employee expenses, petty cash, and all other invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Help out with 1099 maintenance.
- Prepare weekly check writes.
- Enter and upload invoices with all supporting documentation into the system.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies to ensure payments are up-to-date.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Communicates with facilities on invoices and purchase orders containing errors. Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
The above listing of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive but rather to serve as a description of the range of duties and general nature of the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualifications -
- 1 to 2 years accounts payable experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. AA degree in business, accounting or related subject preferred.
- Knowledgeable about general accounting principles.
- Ability to calculate numbers and perform data entry.
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Must process the ability to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Commitment to consistently deliver high equality, person-centered care with dignity, respect, compassion, integrity and to enrich every life we touch. Embracing care and compassion, community, honesty, integrity, teamwork, innovation and safety.
- Ability to represent Company in an ethical and professional manner, and to maintain accountability.
- Ability to interact tactfully, effectively, and professionally with other employees, and visitors.
- Willingness and ability to function as an effective team member through good communication and cooperation to meet team goals.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle pressure.
- Must be able to follow instructions and to accept feedback.
- Must successfully pass background check, health exams, and any other pre-employment requirements.
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours (weekends as necessary during month end close).
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language sufficiently and comprehensively enough to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Sufficient computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and/or Internet to perform required duties.
- Strong knowledge of basic mathematical concepts and tools.
- Ability to understand and follow applicable regulations, policies and procedures fully and consistently.
- Must have strong detail orientation and high level of accuracy.
- Knowledgeable in Great Plains/Papersave preferred.
Role: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.