Role: Service Transition Manager
Location: Corsham (Some remote working)
Rate: £426.18/day (umbrella)
Duration: 12 Months
CV Deadline: 17th at 3pm
Security Clearance: SC (active SC is essential)
- Knowledge and experience of JSP 604, Defence Manual of ICT and associated network joining rules.
- Formal project management experience, preferably APM, PRINCE2 or Agile.
- Accredited ITIL v3 Expert or higher.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Enterprise understanding of transition management with at least 3 years' experience in a related and dedicated ITSM role.
- Significant experience of designing, implementing, managing and improving processes in a complex, mission critical environment.
- A fast learner with an inherent ability to understand complex technology solutions and communicate the impact of changes.
- A hands-on individual who is not afraid to roll up sleeves and get into the detail with excellent analytical skills with a commitment to quality standards.
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills with an inherent ability to demonstrate and sell the benefits of effective transition management and obtain buy in and support from all stakeholders.
Transition Manager within Deployed Platform Services (DPS). Specifically:
- Development and maintain a SIAM aligned Transition management process, including process design, implementation, operation and continual service improvement in accordance with industry best practice.
- Champion and promote the Transition management processes, ensuring a consistent, professional and disciplined approach is maintained throughout.
- Pro-actively Engage, Deliver, Manage and Support the successful implementation of all Operational Readiness Reviews (ORR)s for all DPS new capabilities, services and technical changes specifically for NSoIT(D) and OpNet Blue (LBS) in accordance with JSP 604.
- Coordinate transition effort with DPS Service Management, Integrated Logistics Support, Project Management, Engineering, Test and external service providers.
- Identify, Manage and be responsible for all Risk and Issues arising during Transition to the Operational Environment with the Service Introduction team.
- Coordinate with the Test Manager as part of Service Transition enablement.
- Liaise with Defence Assurance and Information Security (DAIS), the Release and Deployment Board (R&DB), the Live Service Review Board (LSRB), Defence Digital Design Pillar, Engineering and the Architects Review Board (ARB) regarding Services/Capabilities to be transitioned.
- Coordinate with the Safety team to ensure that all safety-based requirements associated with the Service/Capabilities delivered are met.
- Coordinate with the System Security Accreditation to ensure all security-based requirements are met.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of Service/Capability Transition Artefacts in coordination with the knowledge manager.
- Working with the wider TLS team (Change, Release and Deployment Manager) to produce and maintain a Forward Plan and schedule of release activities that is coherent with the NSoIT(D) Engineering sprint releases and the OpNet Blue (LBS) prioritisation to meet programme milestones.
- Coordination and engage with the Test and Release Managers for all development of test plans to ensure programme milestones will be successful and not negatively impact the live service.
- Attend the Change Acceptance Board (CAB) to understand and advise on the level of impact of change to transition activities.
- The Service Transit