Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: Competitive salary
Full time - day shift Monday to Friday
Imerys - Teignbridge, Devon
Salary - competitive
Comprehensive benefits package
Our South Devon Ball Clay Pits offer an alternative quarry working experience, we’re not about sand and gravel, but a relatively scarce and after sought after commodity on a global scale.
What you’ll be doing
Working across 3 quarries you’ll be supporting the Site Manager with the safe and efficient operation of the quarry. You’ll be managing a team of 9 contractors and supervising and co-ordinating the day to day and forward planning of the mining and processing operations.
- organise labour and materials required to meet the production plan
- shift scheduling and daily work instructions to the quarry teams
- ensuring the quarry teams are operating safely and within quarry regulations
- train and coach production line employees
- daily environment testing and interaction with the geology, production and quality teams
- coordinate production start-ups, shutdowns, and changeovers
- challenge bottlenecks and report issues to maintenance
- management of ad hoc projects e.g. environmental work or overburden removal
- producing shift reports and the daily collection of production reports
Skills and experience we are looking for
Your experience of working in and your knowledge of the Quarry industry is essential for this role. In addition, we are looking for:
- supervisory experience
- knowledge of the Quarry Regulations
- SHE NVQ in Extractive & Minerals Processing Industries
- experience of UK Ball Clays (desirable)
- ideally, a Diploma (or working towards) in Quarry Technology
- confidence in using Word and Excel
What’s in it for you?
The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide; there are lots of reasons to join us.
Imerys are an organisation with a wealth of career and development opportunities that allows you to tap into your full potential. Our workplaces are diverse and inclusive, and we foster a collaborative work culture which helps us continually drive innovation in our fields.
Click apply now to register your interest.