We are seeking a Medical Assistant to join our team!
Provides clerical support including typing correspondence, reports, and documents; maintaining filing systems; coordinating visit appointments and related items including authorizations, new referrals, and RN documentation as needed; other tasks relating to the successful operation of the company as needed.
Essential Functions and Areas of Accountability:
1. Intake Process
- Receives new cases from intake staff.
- Communicates with intake staff regarding RN availability.
- Coordinates initial visits with patients, patient's family, and case managers.
- Prepares new intake chart for RN and delivers documents for new intake to RN in a timely manner.
2. Authorization Process
- Coordinates with authorization staff regarding PRN visits and need of additional/ongoing visits.
- Communicates additional needs and frequency changes with authorization staff.
3. Scheduling and Coordination
- Schedules ongoing visits.
- Informs RN up upcoming/missed OASIS assessments including ROC's, DC's, Recert's.
- Coordinates NOMNC's as needed.
- Orders supplies on behalf of RN.
- Prepares reports and documents as needed by RN.
- Coordination with patient case managers as needed.
- Ensures proper hand off of cases to covering RN's and/or permanent transfers.
- Responsible for working with the RN to find coverage when RN has requested time off.
4. Record Maintenance:
- Filing of documentation in the patient record.
- Ensures Face-to-Face documentation, NOMNC's, 485's, OASIS assessments are complete and accurate in the patient record.
- Completes checklist of critical documents prior to DC and permanent storage of patient record.
- Ensures all documents are signed and dated in a timely manner.
- Completes ongoing auditing of all patient records that are assigned to RN.
- Reports missing or incomplete charting.
Reliable Nurses provides skilled nursing, physical and occupational therapy, medical social services, and other home health services in Tucson and surrounding areas.
Our team of Home Health professionals works closely with the patient's physician and family to develop a plan of care, tailored to meet the patient's individual healthcare needs. This team approach ensures consistent, coordinated care from professionals who understand the unique needs of home-bound patients.
Role: Medical Assistant - Office Staff
Apply for this job now.