NCM is delivering multiple highway and roadway projects for Caltrans and several cities and counties and is continuing to build a strong team of transportation professionals to meet current and future project delivery demands. This position is for a senior highway project engineer that would be responsible for delivering planning and design documents, final design and construction design support.
Typical duties include communication with clients and subconsultants for project delivery and leading the development of planning documents, highway design and computer modeling using AutoCAD Civil 3D, overseeing computer aided drafting (CAD) using Microstation, report preparation, development of project plans, specifications, construction quantities and estimates, design support during construction and preparing As-built records.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Registration as a California Professional Engineer
- 10+ years of increasing experience preparing Project Reports, roadway/highway Plans, Specifications and Estimates for Caltrans and or local agencies in California
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of highway design standards contained in the Caltrans Highway Design Manual, CAMUTCD and applicable AASHTO publications
- Experience with highway design and office software, such as AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Inroads, Microstation, MS Word, Excel, etc. is required
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email.
NCM Engineering Corporation (NCM) is a multi-discipline engineering firm that specializes in civil and structural engineering, project management, and design of transportation infrastructure improvement projects. With offices throughout California, we are working on a variety of interesting and complex projects and are currently identifying civil designer and engineer candidates to meet current project demands and further expand company capabilities. NCM is committed to fostering the professional development of its staff while providing each individual with opportunity for career advancement.
Role: Senior Highway Project Engineer
Location: Gold River,
Apply for this job now.