Teaching Personnel are looking for final year students and University graduates with a keen interest in working either part time or full time in the education sector.
We work to support local Secondary and FE settings with their support staffing, both for day to day cover and for permanent recruitment.
We currently have many graduates and final year students from Portsmouth University who work with us when they have availability sporadically throughout the year to work in the education sector alongside their studies. Our flexible diary is designed with you in mind. You can let us know the days in which you are free for work, and we can offer out paid experience within our schools accordingly.
The role of an LSA includes:
- Clarifying and explaining instructions
- Ensuring the child is able to use equipment and materials provided
- Motivating and encouraging the child as required
- Assisting in weaker areas, e.g. language, behaviours, reading, spelling, handwriting/presentation
- Helping pupils to concentrate on and finish work set
- Meeting physical needs as required whilst encouraging independence
- Liaising with class teacher and SENCO about individual education plans (IEPs)
- Developing appropriate resources to support the students
- Become a Learning Mentor for individual students
The opportunity may also arise for work within schools to include:
- Exam invigilation
- 1:1 Tuition
- Data input support
- Administration support
- Lunchtime supervisor
- Sports Coach
- Ground maintainance
In order for us to be able to offer you work, we will need to ensure you have passed our vetting check which include a DBS and referencing.
To apply for Teaching Assistant work with us you must:
- Be in your final year of University or be a recent graduate
- Have experience working with children or young adults
- Have a genuine interest in working within the education sector
- Ideally have experience working or volunteering within education
Apply today with your most recent CV and our team will be in touch.