We are seeking a facility manager who will be responsible for all aspects of daily operations, including setting the production schedule, coordinating and overseeing employees during processing, and ensuring the proper execution and documentation of SOPs and HACCP programs. The successful candidate will be able to take on greater responsibility over time. S/he will manage a team of fourteen people to start.
· Oversee daily operations throughout the facility, including being person-in-charge of all personnel on the production floor and coordinating operations of different departments
· Responsible for staffing decisions, hiring/termination of personnel
· Ensure that overall activities are in compliance with HACCP programs, including proper sanitation and hygiene practices and maintaining controlled flow of personnel between areas of the facility to prevent product contamination
· Serve as the primary point-of-contact for USDA inspector
· Set the production schedule, compile monthly sales figures, and forecast production needs based on sales, inventory, and work-in-process
· Place orders with suppliers
· Manage microbial sampling programs
· Facilitate copacking activities: field requests from farms, coordinate any specifications or special requests, and establish and confirm pricing for processing services
Our ideal candidate will have two years of work experience in a production environment or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Direct experience with charcuterie is a plus but is not required; we will train the right person on our products and processes. In turn, the FM must be comfortable training, instructing, and developing staff, working with spreadsheets, schedules, and deadlines. Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are mandatory. Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
New England Charcuterie is a rapidly growing Boston-area company producing a diverse range of cured meats - everything from fresh sausages to smoked bacon and deli meats to dry-cured salami. Our products are available at Moody’s Delicatessen & Provisions, our sister company, and at select restaurants and stores throughout the nation. The production capabilities of our 8,000-sqft facility (built in 2016) are substantial and enable us to meet the strong and growing demand for artisanal meats.
Role: Facilities Manager
Apply for this job now.