Be a part of the OTG Award Winning Team!
We are looking for an experienced Prep Cook to help run our world-class dining experience inside our JFK John F. Kennedy Airportoperation.
About: Here at OTG we believe that the airport should enhance your journey. That's why we continue to reinvent the airport experience to help you travel better-happier, healthier and more connected than ever before.
Interested in providing a world-class experience? Want to learn more of what OTG has to offer?
Contact us today!
OTG Prep Cook
Prepares and cooks food for the restaurants according to OTG specifications in a timely manner while maintaining the safety, sanitation and security of the kitchen and equipment. Works in assigned restaurant unit or group of units as determined by Terminal management.
Responsibilites of the Cook:
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, washing, chopping, and storing according to OTG specifications and restaurant directions
- Prepare and cook food according to predetermined OTG specifications and quantities
- Check and ensure correctness of the temperatures of appliances and food and maintain required logs
- Notify a manager if a product does not meet specifications
- Set-up, clean, and break down work station
- Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles; ensure proper arrangement and garnish
- Aid in moving and installation of kegs of beer
- Complete safety training and certifications
- Maintains a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance
- Follows all company safety and security policies and procedures
- Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe working conditions to a MOD immediately
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Maintain confidentiality of propriety information
- Maintain and care for company equipment according to instruction
- Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards, when applicable, and assists guests as needed
- Communicate with others using clear, respectful and professional language
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the chef to ensure optimum services
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and work toward the goal of customer satisfaction
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Clean, sanitize, and organize all kitchen areas, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas according to OTG specifications
- Must understand and adhere to all airport rules and regulations
- 1 to 2 years Culinary experience in a fast dining restaurant (demonstrating entry-level cooking skills)
- Quick serve grilling, frying, etc.
- Excellent knife skills (must adhere to OTG knife handling policy)
- Experience on multiple stations in the kitchen, preferred
- Knowledge of cooking procedures, safety and sanitation
- Able to lift 35 lbs or more
- Always ensuring quality of product and accuracy
- Supporting other cooks & working in a team environment
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, weather conditions, as needed
Join us for the best ride of your career!
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits: 401k, medical, dental and vision
- Vacation: Paid time off
- And opportunities to grow
OTG is an award-winning airport food & beverage operator with more than 300 restaurants and retail boutiques in 11 airports across North America, including Minneapolis-St. Paul, John F. Kennedy, LaGuardia, Toronto Pearson, Boston Logan, Washington National, Orlando, Chicago O'Hare, Houston Bush and Philadelphia.
Since its entry into airports in 1996, OTG has been recognized throughout the industry for its exceptional customer focus and groundbreaking innovation; growing to become the second largest privately held airport food operator in the United States in just over a decade. In 2014, OTG ranked among the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies in Fast Company Magazine.
Role: Prep Cook
Apply for this job now.