What are we looking for:
We need candidates with experience about Roller Coating and Curtain Coating machines using solvent based and non-solvent based lacquering materials, to apply coatings onto a substrate, to create high gloss and super matt surfaces for the woodworking industry. The ideal candidate has previous experience working on Superfici, Buerkle, Barbaran or any similar type of lacquering machines. If you don’t have experience with the machines mentioned but consider yourself a quick learner, motivated to take on new challenges and have a good eye for colorized surfaces, you might are a good applicant as well.
As a Coating Line Machine Operator at Alvic, you will produce parts by preparing the lacquer material to exact specification, set up and make necessarily corrections and modifications on lacquering machinery, follow quality assurance protocols using sophisticated tools. Our premium product requires a sense for details, good process understanding and a prudent and conscientious work ethic. In addition you will be responsible for daily cleaning and daily, weekly, and monthly routine machine maintenance. Spanish language is required to participate in training. You need to be able to travel to our headquarter in Spain for a 3 week training, prior to running production in our Auburndale facility. Travel expenses will be covered by Alvic. For proper training it is necessarily to speak Spanish, fluent and bilingual is preferred.
- Start up and shut down of machine.
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; root-cause analysis and calling for repairs.
- Appropriately handle hazardous waste
- Set up various stations on the coating machine line, such as roller coating applicator, curtain coater, winding, unwinding, UV Lamps drying oven/cooler (on the job coating training will be provided)
- Identify defects and perform any necessary troubleshooting on machines
- Control and adjust machine settings
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Perform basic troubleshooting on machines
- Change orders and document production data
- Document shift performance using GEMBA boards
- Communicate effectively with Supervisors, Engineers, and Production personnel
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Physically fit and able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs and climb stairs throughout shifts
- Mechanically inclined and computer literate
- Able to learn to drive a forklift with precision in tight indoor conditions
- Can work up to 12 hour shifts and able to work overtime as needed
- Can spot small details and notice errors for quality control purposes
- Comfortable working in a lacquering environment for the majority of shifts in order to assure machine functionality and quality
- Able to demonstrate English and Spanish language, Spanish required
- Able to pass a drug test and background check
About Alvic USA / Lioher Enterprise:
We’re a joint-venture which is building a 325,000 sqft furniture manufacturing facility in Central Florida. You can become a team member going through all phases of machine installation, equipment start-up and initial training by our machine suppliers as well as long year company veterans. We are committed to building a culture where every employee gets treated equally. We believe in achieving above-average results by paying attention to details, proper training, applying extra effort and encouraging a strong team spirit.
Role: Coating Production Line Operators (Spanish speaking)
Apply for this job now.