Certified Welding Inspector ( CWI)
The Welding Inspector must ensure proper welding and radiographic procedures are qualified and utilized, radiographers are certified, welders are qualified, sound welds are produced, and proper documentation is maintained. These activities must be performed in accordance with the appropriate company specifications and the approved for construction drawings. The Welding Inspector works under the direction of the VP of Engineering.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITES:
- Receiving inspection of welding consumables
- Inspecting and validating assembly, fit-up and tack weld, dimensions in accordance with Engineering Drawings
- Visual inspection of completed welds.
- Weld size, weld length (continuous and/or intermittent), weld type specified on the Engineering Drawing
- Weld quality in accordance with Quality Management Procedures for Visual Inspection
- Inspect product during the manufacturing process for adherence to prints, proper manufacturing technique, and other processes as directed by the Department Manager.
- Ensure all components are correctly manufactured prior to loading for delivery.
- Point out and ensure correction of any deficiencies found.
- Train shop personnel in correct policies and procedures whenever necessary.
- Recording inspection data on the appropriate ACSI Inspection Reporting system including documentation of the Non-conforming process (should it be needed).
- Review Material Test Reports (MTR) for incoming steel and welding wires
- Verify material size, specification, grade, chemical composition and mechanical properties in accordance with the purchase order.
- Initial and date the MTR and file it as per official system.
- Observe safety procedures and correct or report any observed safety violations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Related work experience may be substituted for education.
- At least three (3) years’ experience QC inspection on SubArc Welding and knowledge of Lincoln Machines.
- Quality Control: 8 years (Preferred)
- Must have previous welding inspection on valves.
- Must be able to write welding procedures.
- NDT interpretation.
3Q Services Pro LLC., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
3Q Services Pro personnel has over 20 years of cumulative experience in project execution and recruitment. We work diligently as a team with our clients to obtain their project goals (Self Performing work or recruitment (Temps, Temp to Perm, Direct).
Mission Statement -
To become the “Go to Organization” for the industry. Our primary goal is to provide a solution and establish a long-term relationship with our clients by providing utmost service in a timely matter. Our commitment to customer service and providing quality in all our services are key characteristics of our company and its success.
Role: Certified Welding Inspector CWI
Apply for this job now.