Rockingham Steel is currently hiring a Welding Supervisor. The individual in this position is responsible for organizing & managing all production & related activities in our welding shop and associated field work. The Welding Supervisor monitors the production team members in implementing work processes, ensuring the safe and timely completion of all projects.
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises the activities of team members to meet production schedules and to hold them accountable for their performance.
- Supervises the team members in safety & standard operations, coordinating resources to handle production abnormalities promptly.
- Participates in the drafting, auditing & updating of production process documents, operating standards & other related documentation.
- Leads by example and reinforces safety practices while enforcing Conmat safety policies.
- Leads the team in discovering & eliminating any hidden dangers in the production line and in any field operations.
- Investigates reports and communicates all accidents, injuries and/or illness and near misses. Analyzes & systematically resolves the problem & prevents its recurrence.
- Develops supports and monitors activities that foster teamwork and engagement within the group.
- Interviews and approves new hiring when required.
- Understanding of lean production & 5S.
- Familiar in the use of MS Office software.
- Must possess knowledge to read, write, and perform basic math skills (includes basic algebra, fractions, and geometry)
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram forms.
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot, make minor adjustments and/or perform preventive maintenance on metal bending, welding, forming, fabrication, and assembly equipment would be beneficial.
- Experience in effective use of quality control gauges/equipment, inventory systems, blueprint interpretation, and computer applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
For over 40 years the family owned ConMat Group of Companies has brought high quality construction products to the construction professional throughout the Mid-Atlantic. Supplying professional contractors with products such as fabricated reinforcing steel, wood roof trusses, redi-mixed concrete, precast concrete and asphalt, along with full lines of concrete accessories and power equipment for the commercial and residential builder.
Role: Welding Supervisor
Apply for this job now.