MUST BE US CITIZEN ABLE TO OBTAIN PUBLIC TRUST
Top Three Skills:1) 5+ years experience as a BA
2) 2-3 years of their experience in an Agile/ Scrum environment.
3) Extremely proficient with managing project documentation - Confluence experience is a plus.
Job Description: We are looking for a Sr. Business Analyst to join our team working in a large services group in support of a growing Government client.
About the Job
The candidate will be working in an Agile environment with end users and technical experts to translate complex business processes into workflow diagrams in a BPM tool, and author detailed user stories that drive development and testing.
• Lead and execute efforts to produce documentation related to system information architecture and processes. These may include technical requirements, functional specifications, data flow diagrams, high-level test cases, requirements traceability matrices, flow charts, wireframes/mockups, user stories, and use case documentation.
• Develop an in depth understanding of customer requirements to create complex flow diagrams of business processes to support testable deliverables.
• Coordinate with client and QA engineers and ensure user stories have accurate and specific acceptance criteria that can be used to produce detailed functional test plans.
• Works closely with product owners and managers to convert business use cases into Agile eipcs, stories and actionable tasks
• Manages and keeps backlog up-to-date and ensures stories and task are complete prior to sprint planning
• Work with product owner on capturing all incoming requirements and changes in a form of user stories.
• Compose and elaborate on user stories for upcoming development sprints making them ready for development team analysis as well as perform other backlog grooming tasks
• Capture ongoing changes to the user stories as they are being analyzed, designed and implemented during the sprints
• After the sprint planning meeting, assist product owner with the sprint users stories prioritization
• As user stories are implemented, capture new or changed functionality in a form of functional requirements with the goal of maintaining the definitive functional description document for the system consistent with deployed software
Required Knowledge and Skills
• 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst
• Experience working on Agile software development projects
• Experience working with BPM (Business Process Management) tools. Appian experience a plus.
• Strong understanding of the Agile SDLC
• General understanding of web technologies
• Experience working on, coordinating and communicating on cross-team initiatives
• Proficiency in JIRA required.
• Proficient with managing and updating project documentation. Confluence experience is a plus.
• Familiar with information technology architecture, governance and data exchange
• Proficient with presentation and web communication tools
• Ability to communicate complex technical problems to a non-technical audience
Additional Information: Additional Skills and Qualifications
• Experience with federal government systems, a plus
• Self-starter with strong self-management skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Customer service oriented
• Passion and drive for learning new technologies and practices
• Detail oriented across multiple different teams, while keeping in mind the larger picture
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Adaptable, dependable and independent
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must pass a background investigation
Preferred Educational Requirements
Bachelor degree in computer science or related area
Ability to attain Federal Government Position of Trust
Work Environment: Government
Impact to the Internal/External Customer:Provide services to FEMA.
Business Challenge: Working for the engineering division that supports developing and managing a suite of enterprise services and applications.
EVP:Long stable contract
Working for Government clients boosts resume
Ability to network with a lot of technical professionals in all departments.
Learn more about Gov't Operations
Expand on your technology skill set due to the multiple platforms utilized.
Non-Technical Skills: - Strong technical leadership and technical communication skills;
- Flexibility, positive attitude;
Why is position open?: Back-Out
Project Stage/Lifecycle Info: All
Technical Environment: AGILE
Role: SR BA
Location: Fort Collins,
Apply for this job now.