Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
This position has access to a lot of confidential information. Part of this role is keeping this information and only sharing it with others when necessary as approved by leadership. We are seeking someone that is as comfortable with both being a manager and rolling up their sleeves to do what it takes to get things done.
SUMMARY OF POSITION DUTIES
QC Lab Manager
- Manage the day to day operations of the QC laboratory and team.
- Lead weekly Laboratory meetings.
- Conduct laboratory proficiency testing and staff evaluations.
- Oversee raw material receiving, testing and release.
- Ensure shelf life sample organization and testing coordination is complete.
- Manage department SOPs and ensure the lab is organized, stocked, and tidy.
- Perform regular facility pre-operation inspections and facility inspections.
- Communicate and coordinate with lab technicians for required and as needed daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual testing.
- Communicate and coordinate with third-party labs for required monthly, quarterly, and annual testing.
- Work with the Product Development department on new products and updates to existing products.
- Oversee raw material and product holds, QC directives, and lab audit resolutions.
- Assist with document management, validations, verifications, and filing and organization of paperwork.
- Work with Sourcing and Product Development to ensure safe and quality raw ingredients and suppliers.
- Create & revise specifications, SOP's and other documents for operations as needed.
- Review, record, and interpret data results. Notify authorized personnel when out-of specification results are obtained.
- Using technical expertise to troubleshoot & solve problems that may come up in the day to day operation of the department and brewery.
- Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment by following Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs).
- 3-years of previous laboratory or production management experience is required.
- Standards) is preferred.
- Previous experience with industrial beverage and/or food production is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and social skills.
Powered by JazzHR