Are you a committed and confident individual hoping to support children in education? Are you seeking a role with the opportunity for professional development and career progression?
Working in partnership with a vibrant and progressive college in Harrogate, we are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Mentor with an immediate start. This role will include providing 1:1 support and working with small groups to support the development of pupils in and out of the classroom.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Inclusion Manager and SENDCO to provide pastoral support and interventions. You will have great interpersonal skills and the confidence to act on your own initiative to support students with special educational needs.
Experience working with children is desired, but not essential. This role requires a pro-active approach and requires someone who can learn and adapt to a range of pupil needs.
Requirements for the role:
- DBS on the Update Service or be willing to have one.
- Experience working with children and young people is desirable.
- Experience with SEND students
- Providing small group and 1:1 support in, and outside of the classroom
- Working in partnership with Inclusion and Pastoral unit to provide targeted support and interventions.
- Assess the pupils and determine their level of needs and support.
- To organise and maintain an inclusive learning environment across the whole school environment.
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise and rewards to pupils.
- Facilitate inclusion in small group activities with peers and support interaction between them.