Head of Security - The Ned, New Opening
POSITION: Head of SecurityREPORTING TO: Hotel DirectorROLE BASED: The Ned, Poultry, LondonWho We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members'' clubs and restaurants, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA and Europe. In addition, we also have exciting new openings planned around the globe including Japan, China and India.The Hotel…
Located on Poultry Street, this new hotel is one of the most exciting upcoming openings by Soho House & Co. The new project is a joint venture with Sydell group, a US hotel developer. We're developing a Grade I listed building in the heart of the City to become a destination hotel with over 250 bedrooms. The hotel will have a gym, Cowshed spa as well as 9 restaurants, bars and extensive event spaces. There will also be member's facilities, where members can enjoy the rooftop pool or in the member's club.The Role:General Scope:
As a Head of Security you will manage and control the Fire, Life, Health, Safety and Security function for the Ned through the effective development and implementation of appropriate security and risk management policies. To provide a safe and secure environment for colleagues and guests.Main Duties
- Develop and implement effective procedures to ensure that the hotel's and Company's property are protected whilst also providing a safe environment for colleagues and guests.
- To manage and lead the Security Team, liaising with external agencies as appropriate.
- To ensure that effective procedures and records are in place to ensure that the hotel is protected in case of fire and other such emergencies.
- Carry out relevant safety and security audits in hotel to ensure that all procedures are being followed, taking corrective action as required.
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety Committee.
- To deal with any incidents involving the police or other law enforcement agency, maintaining good relationships with them.
- Ensure that hotel's Health and Safety manuals are up to date, monitor health and safety and keep all appropriate records to ensure The Ned complies with all relevant legislation.
- Maintain a good working relationship with contractors in relation to special projects.
- Carry out appropriate management training and communication to ensure that all The Ned managers are aware of legal obligations relating to FLHSS
- Develop and maintain a sound working knowledge of related S hardware appropriate to the business, be responsible for workings and maintenance of such equipment.
- Manage and implement the training plan within security areas to ensure consistent service delivery and colleague development.
- Maintain high colleague satisfaction in all operational areas by actionning issues of concern as measured by colleague satisfaction surveys.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the security department and ensure excellent inter-departmental communication systems are in place with key areas.
- Contribute to the production and implementation of annual budget plans and long-term strategic plans General
- Ensure the highest level of personal appearance at all times.
- Ensure that you are on time for work.
- Adhere to the company procedures for sickness and absence.
- Be fully aware of the fire and bomb procedures.
- Identify and report hazards and maintenance requirements in the workplace.
- Any reasonable requests from Senior Management / Directors.Health and Safety
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported immediately and rectified.
- Be fully conversant with all departmental Safety, Fire, Emergency and BOMB procedures.
- Emergency procedures are rehearsed quarterly with attendance records, implemented and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises, by strict adherence to existing laws, statues and applicable ordinances, and by anticipating possible and probable hazards and conditions and either correcting them or pre-planning a defence against them.
- To wear any appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Hotel.
- To report any defects in the building, plant or equipment according to the Hotel procedures.
- Stimulate and encourage a general awareness of Health and Safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department.
- To attend 6 monthly statutory fire training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning, fire, health & safety.
- To elect a departmental health & safety representative
- To ensure H&S representative attends all meetings
- To undertake responsibility for supervising, training and instructing colleagues in terms of H & S
- To be aware of, and comply with, safe working practises as laid down under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Company H & S Manual, as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place
See descriptionRole: Head of Security - The Ned, New Opening (head of sec) Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.