We are seeking Certified Nursing Assistants to join our growing family! This position will be working in and around the Central Indianapolis area. Transitions is an actively growing organization of individuals who are passionate about healthcare. We offer prime opportunities for growth through mentoring, training and tuition reimbursement programs, as well as the support needed to be successful!
The right candidate will be compassionate and able to support our patients and families, and care for their needs in a way that aligns with our philosophy: to empower our patients and families by providing the tools and support necessary to embrace life. We don’t focus on the finality of death; we focus on the practical side of living. Our job is to assist our patients and families through the physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges of life’s final transition.
What We Offer:
We offer competitive salary, benefits packages and a supportive and collaborative environment with room to grow.
- Full Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Phone
- Nursing Equipment
12 hr. Night Shifts - 7 shifts per 2 weeks
- On-call 1-2 weekend days per month
- Travel Required
- Valid Certification as a CNA
- Valid Drivers License Required
- Assist hospice patients with all activities of daily living; for example bathing, feeding, dressing, transfers, vitals, nail care, and other duties based on patients individual needs.
- Perform various services for all patient necessary to meet the patient’s personal needs.
- Promote comfort and a safe environment.
- Report and document all services provided and observations of patients on every shift.
- Completion of recognized Nurse Assistant certification program
- Minimum of one-year direct patient care experience in an institutional or home care setting required. Hospice experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions and document care given.
- Understands Hospice philosophy and needs of terminally ill.
- Valid driver’s license with maintenance of a good driving record and reliable transportation that is insured.
At Transitions Hospice, we hold ourselves to the highest standards in hospice and palliative care. We specialize in supporting individuals and families who are facing the physical, emotional, social and spiritual challenges confronted when dealing with terminal illness.
From our inception, we knew Transitions Hospice would differentiate itself from other hospice agencies because of our profound belief that no individual should die alone – ever.
We consider it the responsibility of our home hospice care team to be with the patient when they pass away. Paramount to our philosophy is to also ensure, when the time comes, our patient is experiencing their final transition on their own specified terms — in comfort and with dignity. We have nearly a 94% rate of meeting this goal but we challenge ourselves to be even better. Transitions Hospice will only be satisfied when 100% of our patients pass with a dedicated caregiver by his or her side.
If you are an individual who enjoys working with families and and caring for those in transition, consider working for Transitions Group. Transitions Hospice is a great place to work! We offer competitive salary and benefits in a team oriented work environment. Our staff is always available for patients, families and each other.
Role: Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) - Night Shift
Apply for this job now.