Immediate position for mid-level Structural Designer/Engineer
G.A. Graebe and Associates, Inc. is a structural engineering company, founded in 1970 in Salinas California that specializes in the design of residential and commercial structures. We take pride in our work and each project receives the highest level of professional attention. As a small firm, we have a good balance between team collaboration and autonomy on projects.
- Analyze and design structural systems.
- Communicate with Architects, Owners, Contractors and Plan Checkers.
- Prepare permit package of structural drawings with calculations, respond to plan checks and make site visits and structural observations as necessary, in conjunction with our Drafting Department.
- Perform and prepare reports on framing and foundation inspections for existing structures.
- Bachelor degree in Structural Engineering/Civil from an accredited university that has an engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- California PE or SE preferred.
- 2 - 5 Years of experience preferred in Structural Engineering Design of Wood, Steel, Concrete and Masonry Buildings with emphasis on wood structures.
- Knowledge of California Building Codes.
- Knowledge of Risa software, PTISlab 3.5, AutoCAD and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid drivers license, reliable vehicle, and insurance
- Ability to climb ladders and inspect roofs.
- Ability to maneuver in and around buildings and in confined spaces including attic and crawl spaces.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vacation time
- Sick time
- Flexible schedule
- Paid holidays
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work in compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Role: Structural Engineer
Location: San Jose,
Apply for this job now.