The document control specialist is responsible for development, managing, and maintenance of company Food Safety and Quality Management system related documents (FSQMS). The document control specialist will develop company’s SOP’s to adhere to the requirements of the FSQMS. The document specialist will work across all departments to create a centralized system that will facilitate the access to policies, procedures, and technical documents, as well as revision controls. Will also be responsible for document security, for assigning access, and for archiving obsolete documents. The document specialist will maintain documents, adhering to the company's document lifecycle procedures, and archive inactive records in accordance with the records retention schedule. The TQSA will also assist the quality manager in the implementation of FSSC 22000, ISO 22002 and ISO 9001. In addition to the above, the document control specialist is expected to train employees on the new documents/changes. This position will also work closely with the quality manager/quality team to participate in continuous improvement activities.
· Perform internal and GMPs audits and complete reports once the audits are completed (Issue CAR’s If any findings), track the status of audits, complaints and corrective actions and collaborate with individuals to complete the CARs
· Update company’s SOPs, manuals, flow charts and policies
· ISO 9001:2015, FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000implementation and administration of the FSQMS
· Lead GMP's audits.
· Manage the and update the vendors and suppliers program
· Preservation of Quality Control documents and daily reporting of information
· Design and maintain a document control system that ensures the availability of documents to all individuals at the plant. Work with a variety of individuals in a fast-paced environment. Proposes improvements and works with document authors to improve document clarity, function, and control of revisions
· Responsible for administrating the calibration program
· Review suppliers COAs, COCs and Continuing letter of guarantee, record the data for SPC.
Responsible for monitoring regulatory changes for quality and food contact compliance and incorporating them to the FSQMS
· Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008
· Understanding of drawings, technical documents and specifications, as well as an understanding of manufacturing systems
· Strong computer skills, must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Excellent organizational skills
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
· Teamwork/facilitates collaboration
· Integrity & trust, Adaptability/Flexibility, Accountability
· Continuous improvement
· Safety and service oriented
· Positive attitude
· Working knowledge of FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000
· Lean Six Sigma
· Bilingual (Spanish-English)
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Preferred experience in ISO 9001, FSSC and GMP’s 3 years of experience working with certified quality management systems
· Preferred experience in food packaging or processing or plastic manufacturing.
EOE- Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Houston, TX
Please apply at: #recruit.com/job/78109/bilingual-quality-document-control-administrator
Woven Polypropylene bag Manufacturer, has been around since 1982, very stable and reliable company. We employee about 600 employees and growing. Very fast-passed environment.
Role: Manufacturing Quality Document Control System (ISO 9001)
Apply for this job now.