Materials Development Technical Specialist required for large packaging company based near Gillingham, Kent.
Part of a global business, our client is an innovative packaging manufacturer, seeking a Materials Development / Technical Specialist who will work as part of the development team, involved with all aspect of development of existing products and innovation projects to support the company's objective of bringing new and innovative packaging solutions to its customers.
- Identify and resarch new innovative packaging technologies
- Communication with suppliers on technical and application topics as part of projects
- Manage projects to time and budgets
- Perform and manage trials at internal and external sites
- Test properties of developed solutions and record results for use in specifications
- Report Progress
- Visit customers
- Degree level or equivalent in Scientific area
- Packaging industry knowledge
- Understanding of sustainability and circular concepts
- Quick to understand and able to identify important and relevant points in large amounts of data
- Out of the Box thinker
- Analytical mindset, persistent and self motivated
- Strong communication skills across all formats
- Happy and able to travel within Europe
- High level of English Language, written and oral
- Technical Background (i.e. Engineering, Chemistry, Electronics, Mechanical etc).
This is an excellent opportunity to join the development team of a world class packaging manufacturer.