Scott Engineering, Inc. is adding a new role to the team. We are searching for an ambitious Accounts Payable Specialist who is an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. The Accounts Payable Specialist can expect to assist the Finance department with various clerical tasks and data entry. Compensation:
$20 - $24 hourlyResponsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Enter and process invoices using 3-way match of vendor purchase orders
· Data entry of all invoices in MRP system and Quickbooks
· Resolves invoice discrepancies in a timely manner, reconcile vendor statements, request appropriate credits and proof of delivery as necessary
· Posts all credit card charges and complete monthly reconciliations
· Prepare weekly check runs and disbursements, post ACH payments and print vendor checks
· Maintains vendor files and W-9's, will assist with annual 1099 tax filing
· Complete month end tasks related to accounts payable accruals
· Miscellaneous admin duties, printing all invoices, filing and vendor phone calls
· Assist with documentation required for Audits
· Will be cross-trained as back up for Accounts Receivable and printing customer shipping documentsQualifications:
The successful candidate will have 3 - 5 years' experience in Accounts Payable
Excellent written and communication skills to maintain department, vendor and customer relationships
Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, exercise initiative and prioritize workload accordingly
Ability to follow instructions as directed, as well as seek advice when issues arise
Proficient in Microsoft office applications ( Excel and Word )
Quickbooks experience required 2 - 3 years
Manufacturing software experience requiredAbout Company
Scott Engineering, Inc. (SEI), a leader in the design and production of medium voltage pole- and pad-mounted equipment for the American utility and adjacent industries provides customers with complete, fully-customized power distribution solutions built to the highest quality standards.
At SEI, we see our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) structure as a competitive advantage. Each of our employees is a business 'owner' with a vested interest in our success. We're also proud of our status as an MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) / DBE (Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certified company. It sets us apart and makes SEI the perfect partner for organizations seeking suppliers who comply with these requirements.
World Class Manufacturing is Scott Engineering's mentality and the way we do that is by living our core values, supporting our company's vision, and working together towards one common goal.