Company & Position Overview
Dennis Wood Engineering, LLC is a Polk County, FL based civil engineering & land planning firm seeking an experienced Civil Engineering Designer / CAD Tech for a permanent position. Responsibilities will include working with in-house Engineers and designers to develop or create permit and construction drawings utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D software for commercial and residential subdivision developments.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs and develops detailed civil construction plans for land development projects (residential subdivisions) including site, utilities, grading, stormwater, plan and profiles, etc.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D Software (surfaces, earthwork, profiles, corridors, pipe networks, etc.)
- Capable of Civil Engineering design for residential subdivisions with minimal supervision, understanding of typical design standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to adapt to company design standards
- The ideal candidate is someone currently working in the civil engineering field and seeking career advancement.
- Though not required, technical training certificate in ACAD/Drafting, B.S. in Civil Engineering is a plus, though not required
- 5+ years of CAD experience in land development design
- Ability to set up and manage AutoCAD drafting and plan preparation standards with minimal direction.
- High level of proficiency in AutoCAD 3D
- Ability detail site layout and grading; drainage and storm water management design; utility design; and erosion and sediment control design and ability to perform basic calculations (slopes, grades, etc.)
- Understanding of codes and regulations and permitting requirements as related to preparation of construction documents
- Familiarity with GIS technologies and mapping projections is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- AutoCAD Civil 3D: 5 years (Required)
Role: AutoCAD Civil 3D Designer
Apply for this job now.