Company: ULRICH BARN BUILDERS, LLC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job Summary for Framer
Ulrich Barn Builders is looking for a Framer. The Framer is responsible for reading build orders and selecting, measuring and cutting lumber. In addition, this position will assemble foundations, floors, walls, roofs, trusses, and doors for our custom-made sheds, garages, barns, playhouses and cabins. The Framer will also ensure that building structures meet build orders specifications and are constructed error-free.
Job Duties for Framer
- Read build orders, measure and cut lumber or plywood needed for building structures while meeting daily work performance goals
- Ability to carry out instructions communicated in writing, orally, or in diagram form
- Assemble subfloors, wall sections, trusses, doors, or any other fabricating associated with the construction
- Cut and shape materials, joining them with nails, screws, bolts or glue
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and meets build order specifications
- Must be willing to learn and work in other areas of the build process
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for Framer
- Manufacturing or warehouse production knowledge is a plus
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Basic math knowledge including ability to add and subtract in all units of standard US measurements, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb a ladder, stoop, bend and kneel for extended periods of time
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to be proactive and operate with a sense of urgency.
- Must work in a team environment with a positive attitude
Experience and Education for Framer
- High school diploma preferred but not required
- 1 year of experience with home/shed framing (floor to roof) required
- Must have experience operating air compressors, air tools, hammer, saw, drill, and other basic power and air tools
- Painting/Caulking experience helpful but not required
Work Environment for Framer
- Faith-based office environment with manufacturing facility onsite.
- Majority of work will take place indoors, but some may be required outdoors with exposure to various weather elements.
- Must be available for daily overtime and Saturday work when needed
- Must have reliable transportation
Benefits and Compensation for Framer
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Will be paid an hourly rate for 1 month during training and after training compensation will be paid on piece rate.
Construction, Manufacturing, Building, Framing, Roofing, Electrical, FlooringJob Posted by ApplicantPro