Salary: £23.0k - £28.0k (dependent on skills and experience)
There is an opportunity for the position of Records Control Assistant, based in Aldershot, reporting to the Resource Manager.
- Travel and receive information on Replacement Projects, taking measurements of laid and abandoned mains pipework in order to produce an accurate "as laid" drawing pack for digitization.
- Log accurate stats of laid and abandoned pipework to assist in updating our network records.
- Undertake "as laid" drawings for services where required
- Ensure that compliance targets are met in relation to the role
- Report and submit any network inaccuracies via Error Management reporting process (DR4)
- Promote safe behaviours within the company and with our contract partners
- Use SGN systems - for example Maximo, email, Geofield to record and update records.
This role will offer plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary with company benefits including retail&leisure discounts, HolidayPlus&Cycle2work schemes, gym&mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we pride ourselves on at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You should possess a keen attention to detail and good time management with a methodical approach
- Have good computer skills with a proactive approach to business challenges
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative but also as part of a team achieving the business results
- The role involves a varied combination of office/computer work and project site visits across our operational area
- Be able to interpret drawings and field measurement and accurately produce information for these assets to be captured.
- Advise operational areas of the business the requirement for as laid records and liaise with our capture DDU process to ensure records are captured timely and accurately. Resolve any issues reported from DDU in relation to as laid records.
The successful candidate must have a flexible approach to work and hold a full valid manual driving licence. A vehicle (van) is provided for the role.
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box - futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…
*Please note that if an Internal applicant is successful you would be employed on a secondment basis*.