We are seeking an Environmental Response Technician to become an integral part of our emergency response team! You will perform engineering duties in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental hazards on an emergency basis.
As part of the team, you will be assisting with the following:
- Emergency response projects within the region
- Emergency response projects in other regions
- Scheduled projects such as soil remediation, facility decontamination and disaster recovery
- Assistance with inventory, equipment repairs and job preparation
- Assistance with calibration of air monitoring equipment
- Previous experience in environmental cleanup, emergency response or other related fields
- Familiarity with pollution control technology
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to properly utilize technology available on tablets and computers for navigation and project related information
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to work with flexible scheduling
- Ability to communicate and maintain availability
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Additionally, all potential candidates must have:
- Valid and clean drivers license
- A minimum of one year general labor expereince
- Ability to pass a pre employment drug screening and criminal background check
No phone calls or unscheduled interviews please.
First Call Environmental has been providing the finest in 24 hour emergency response to environmental incidents since 2009. Headquartered in Ashland, VA, we have experienced tremendous growth. We currently serve 18 of the Eastern United States through our response field locations. We also maintain a Strike Team that has responded to major incidents in the Continental United States as well as the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Role: Environmental Response Technician
Apply for this job now.