Founded in 2003, our client is an award-winning 3PL provider focused on supply chain solutions and transportation services throughout North America. Servicing motor carriers, manufactures and retailers, they are known for their commitment to client services, their proactive approach to fighting cargo theft and their expertise in retail compliance. They specialize in creating customized logistics solutions for clients, including full truckload, LTL, intermodal, high-value shipping, expedited services and outbound transportation. They hire the best of the best- visionary thinkers; people continuously looking to reinvent the way they do business and seek out new, creative solutions. Their high-performance team is driven, empowered, innovative and packed with self- starters. They provide their employees the with the necessary tools and freedom to build their own career paths and discover success.After Hours/Weekend Logistics Coordinator:
The primary responsibility of the After Hours/Weekend Logistics Coordinator is to be the point person for all weekend coverage and issue resolution for the carrier sales department. This role will assist in coverage and team lead for each Saturday shift. They will be responsible for calling on leads and using the DAT for any potential bounces during the weekend. This individual will also be responsible for weekend load coverage Friday through Monday, including tracking and tracing. The hours for this role are Friday-Monday, 8am - 7pm.Responsibilities:
- Drive the development of new and existing carriers into long-term strategic relationships while focusing on weekend/after-hours coverage.
- Develop new or build upon existing carrier relationships through external posting sites or through building weekend contacts through existing carrier representatives portfolios.
- Manage the carrier on-boarding process (rates, interchange agreements, and service obligations, etc.).
- Negotiate rates with carriers to maximize profits and develop long term solutions.
- Deepen relationships within core carrier portfolio across all levels to further drive business growth.
- Stay current with the weekend capacity and communicate trends and changes to the organization.
- Assist the carrier sales department with bounce recovery options.
- Identify carrier partners with 24/7 operations for bounce recovery options.
- Maintain postings for fresh leads and call-ins generated from external posting sites.
- Develop successful problem resolution skills by partnering with customer sales and operations to understand each accounts after hour policy for updating customers on coverage communication.
- Maximize personal productivity and workflow by communicating with appropriate team members regarding load board priorities, efficiencies, & board coverage.
- Maintain tracking and support Logistics Coordinators with weekend coverage.
- Partner with after-hours LC managers to assist with carrier issue resolution for weeknights and weekend board issues.
- Proactively engage with sales and carrier Leadership to evaluate carrier needs, gaps, and identify future actions to achieve goals, understand aligned accounts and drive improved after hour business results.
- Understand and identify negative trends in carrier communication after hours, while also identifying opportunities for better communication from our carrier partners.
- Actively work with other internal employees to discuss and share successful strategies to build a better team and weekend board management skills.
- Embrace the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Ability to take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify problems and find solutions.
- Flexibility to provide support to the business as needed week to week during scheduled shift.
- Minimum 1-3+ or more years carrier sales experience or relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact with and establish trust and credibility with all levels of the organization.
- Must possess strong relationship-building skills with the ability to influence internal stakeholders absent a reporting relationship.
- Must possess excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with changing needs.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Experienced in the administration of company agreements and contracts.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary and Standard Benefits.
Role: After Hours/Weekend Logistics Coordinator
Apply for this job now.