COMPANY: CAREER LEGAL LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £23,000 - £27,000
Our client, an award-winning patent specialist law firm based near Victoria Station, are currently seeking a Junior Legal Secretary to join their team. This is a 6-month temp to perm position with the opportunity to progress to become a Legal PA. This would be a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an entry level position into a law firm.
The role is a Junior Legal Secretary in their Trademarks group (London based). You will undertake a trademark secretarial role with a focus on billing (i.e. client billing for fee earners and they will train you in this role).
As their new Legal Secretary, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with administrative tasks including the filing and acknowledgment of emails, photocopying, scanning and post.
- Providing secretarial support including preparing specification amendments (electronically in Microsoft Word or manual amendments from paper copies), generating standard letters and invoices.
- Audio typing of client letters and specifications.
- Creating, running and amending standard and ad hoc reports in excel.
- Uploading documents to in-house and client specific systems.
Our client is looking for someone who is CILEx qualified with good GCSE grades (C or above in English and Maths), keen to learn and progress. Previous work experience in a law firm would be desirable. Previous billing experience would be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be provided.
Salary on offer is £23,000 - £27,000 plus benefits, depending on experience.
Start date is ASAP.