JOB SUMMARY: Assists in pulling orders accurately in preparation for prompt shipment, ensures accuracy of documents and verifies outgoing shipments according to departmental guidelines. Prepares items for shipment, completes required paperwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pulls orders for all commercial shipments and sample shipments.
- Prepares orders for shipping. Completes appropriate documentation for shipping. Shipping: Prepares consolidated shipments. Loads shipments onto trucks.
- Completion of all required shipping paperwork including UPS Log, Greyhound, LTL freight bills, etc.
- Acquires freight charge information and other shipping information when necessary.
- Assists in preparation of International shipments. Keeps on going inventory of shipping supplies. Keeps shipping area clean.
- Assists in other areas of Shipping/Receiving as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have word-processing experience.
- Must have excellent visual discrimination and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to do accurate detailed work under time constraints and deadlines and must have the ability to adjust to seasonal surges in workload.
- Must have the ability to safely operate, maintain and perform minor repairs on forklifts and other warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Must have the ability to read and understand written instructions in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum one year shipping experience required.
- Minimum two years warehouse or related work experience required.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to work around chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in dusty, hot and cold conditions.
- Must be able to work overtime during busy times of year.
Pay depends on experience.
PrideStaff is a national staffing organization, delivering innovative solutions to the challenges employers face every day. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. With locations across the United States, we're well positioned to partner with clients and candidates to ensure a successful match of employee talent with customer needs. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance!
Our Mission: Consistently provide client experiences focused on what they value most.
Role: Inventory and Packaging Assistant
Location: San Jose,
Apply for this job now.