McCormick & Schmick's has an excellent opportunity for individuals that have a true passion for food and an unrelenting drive to provide exceptional guest service and hospitality
Sales & Events Manager - Atlanta, Georgia
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all catered functions from organization to execution, including delegation of responsibilities
- Work closely with sales managers and coordinators to generate new business and maintain contact with present accounts
- Ensures excellence in guest satisfaction through effective training of staff, commitment to a “Do Whatever It Takes” attitude” and a hands-on, lead by example management style.
- Identify qualifying business potential, closing business, overcoming objections, negotiating, upselling and understanding the client’s needs through Features-Adjectives-Benefits selling
- Manage business on the books successfully and work pipeline of Inquiries, Prospects, Tentative and Definite bookings
- Work local Key Influencers including Hotels, Convention & Visitor Bureaus, Chambers, Retail Outlets, Office Buildings and Condo/Apartment buildings
- Conduct client visits that are targeted and meaningful to build private dining sales
- At least 3 years previous sales experience in a restaurant and hotel operation
- Ability to write business correspondences and set up contracts and function sheets
- Ability to professionally present promotional materials to prospective customers, and to effectively communicate and coordinate with catering, kitchen staff, and outside vendors
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts for guest catering contracts
- Ability to communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand request, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information
- Stable and progressive work history; Strong work ethic
- Extensive and well-rounded training program
- Continued career development and growth opportunities
- Discount Dining and Retail Program
- Management Referral Bonus Program
- Medical, dental and vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k), paid vacation and more
Landry's is a multinational, diversified restaurant, hospitality, gaming, and entertainment conglomerate based in Houston, Texas. The company operates more than 600 high-end and casual dining establishments around the world, including well-known concepts, such as Landry’s Seafood, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., Rainforest Cafe, Morton’s The Steakhouse, The Oceanaire, McCormick & Schmick’s, Mitchell’s Fish Market, Chart House, Saltgrass Steak House, Claim Jumper, and Mastro’s Restaurants. The company also operates a group of signature restaurants, including Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto, Willie G’s, and others. The gaming division includes the renowned Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino concept, with locations in Las Vegas and Laughlin, NV, Atlantic City, NJ, Biloxi, MS, and Lake Charles, LA. The entertainment and hospitality divisions encompass popular destinations, including the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, Kemah Boardwalk, Aquarium Restaurants, and other exciting attractions, coupled with deluxe accommodations throughout the Houston and Galveston area, including the Westin Hotel in downtown Houston, the Kemah Boardwalk Inn and Luxurious San Luis Resort, including the Hilton and Holiday Inn located on Galveston Island.
Role: Restaurant Sales & Events Manager
Apply for this job now.