The Virginia Beach SPCA is seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic Intake and Adoption Counselor. Job responsibilities include answering client inquiries by phone and e-mail, processing adoptions, intakes, retail transactions, and animal handling. Candidates must be available to work evenings (until 7 pm) and weekends.
- Provide a positive customer service experience
- Answer customer inquiries in person, by phone and email
- Process retail sales
- Receive, mark, and stock merchandise
- Perform routine housekeeping tasks to ensure the professional image
- Animal handling and cage cleaning as needed
- Interview potential adopters to match with permanent homes
- Process adoption paperwork
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer service and cash handling experience in a retail setting preferred
- Knowledge about pet care and pet care safety
- Ability to work cooperatively with volunteers and coworkers
- Must be able to represent the VBSPCA professionally at all times
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to add and subtract for cash management
- Ability to lift/move boxes up to 40 pounds
- Ability to restrain animals up to 80 pounds
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to be around animals
- Ability to clean animal housing areas
- Ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk; use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- May be exposed to offensive chemicals
It is the mission of the Virginia Beach Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (VBSPCA) to create a more humane and responsible community by eliminating animal suffering while increasing human compassion.
Role: Intake & Adoption Counselor
Location: Virginia Beach,
Apply for this job now.