Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN TA / Special Educational Needs TA to join a special school for students with complex needs based close to Hampsted and Kentish Town. This is a long-term temporary role starting in September 2020, on a full time basis. Due to the nature of the class the SEN TA / Special Educational Needs TA must have experience of working with children with PMLD and physical disability at Secondary age level.
- SEN TA / Special Educational Needs TA
- Working collaboratively within the upper school team
- Supporting non-verbal learners with complex needs (mainly autism) at Key Stage 3 and 4 level
- Long term temporary role
- Daily rate from £75 - £80
- Special needs school for students with complex needs including, PMLD, SLD, SpLD, Autistic Spectrum and SEMH
- Teaching school
- Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers, a solid Senior Leadership Team and Multi-Agency team
- Primary and secondary aged students
- Rated Outstanding by Ofsted
- State of the art facilities
- Focuses on holistic development
To be considered for the SEN TA / Special Educational Needs TA position, you will:
- Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
- Have previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD / ASC, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable)
- Be comfortable with personal care and students with medical needs (essential)
- Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a SEN TA / Special Educational Needs TA who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
For more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Primary Team on 02039687199.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we ar