Perform preventative maintenance and calibration on assigned equipment and instrumentation, as well as diagnosing and repairing problems with equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and calibration on assigned equipment and instrumentation.
- Perform preventative maintenance, machine setup, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and robotic equipment. PLC familiarity preferred, but not required.
- Diagnose and repair electrical and pneumatic control system problems on production machinery, auxiliary equipment and fixtures.
- Plan, layout and install electrical and pneumatic systems in support of the fabrication and installation of new equipment and fixtures.
- Communicate and work cooperatively with supervisors, fellow technicians and line associates.
- Assist with set up and tear down of packaging lines and change overs of automated / manual pack stations.
- Daily Housekeeping, monthly TPM’s and E-stop audits
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others both verbally and in writing
- Requires continual response to changing priorities based on production department needs
- Understand resources and effects equipment has on production needs
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and organization is critical
- Job related experience a minimum 3-5 years.
- Able to read electrical and pneumatic prints.
- Must be willing to obtain Newell Rubbermaid elevated lift and sit down fork truck endorsements.
- Must be able to communicate well with others both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Physically able to bend, squat, twist, push/pull, reach and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform duties within small areas, as small as 2 ft x 2 ft.
- PLC experience preferred, but not required.
- Must follow all standard work procedures.
- Must successfully complete the Lock Out/ Tag Out training within reasonable amount of time.
- Must follow all safety procedures
- 6p-6a - 2-2-3 cycle schedule
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Role: Automation Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.