COMPANY: BAE SYSTEMS.
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
We are recruiting additional Data Strategists to join our teams working on site in London, and around the UK, working for UK Government customers. Our Data Strategists define and deliver our client's information management and exploitation strategy to transform the way an organisation derives value from its data assets, whilst securing and managing them appropriately. Our Data Strategists have expertise in data exploitation, data solutions, data management, problem solving and business consulting and analysis. This puts them in a position to advise client organisations on data-driven transformation. This role is contractually based in London, but will involve regular travel to client sites in London and around the UK.Experience required
- Understands and distils business challenges in complex environments, providing thought leadership
- Develops and actions data strategies and roadmaps, for example through undertaking maturity assessments and user needs analysis to define a vision and articulate the steps to achieving it
- Considers business and cultural change aspects alongside technical data challenges
- Defines and supports the implementation of an organisation's data governance framework
- Defines the operating model required to support an organisation's data vision
- Develops relationships with senior client stakeholders and represents their interests
- Translates business goals into actionable plans
- Communicates complex data challenges and strategies to senior client stakeholders and delivery teams
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements and user needs, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options.
- Manages the investigation of corporate data requirements. Co-ordinates the application of data analysis and data modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of corporate information requirements, in order to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of solutions by ensuring that they are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Provides well-informed advice, typically on more than one topic, taking steps to ensure that it is properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Works under the supervision of and provides support to C4/5 level in the analysis and documentation of strategic data options and direction.
- Drafts and maintains policies, standards and procedures for information and/or data governance.
- Reviews information and data systems for compliance against organisational policies, legislation and risk. Makes recommendations for implementing any required changes.
- Has in-depth knowledge of a broad range of industry-wide modelling techniques. Advises on the choice of techniques and approach influencing customers accordingly.
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division Overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Role: Data Strategist
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: London (Central), London (Greater), London (Greater)
Apply for this job now.