QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum 5-years' experience in all aspects of land development design, and demonstrable proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D for plan production, preferably for residential projects but minimum 2-years' experience and commercial and office project experience considered. Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or associates technical engineering degree preferred but not required. Licensure as an engineer or land surveyor in-training, or professional land surveyor or engineer preferred but not required.
1. Research courthouse records, land records, municipality permitting records, etc.
2. Research and compile data for various projects.
3. Assist with coordination of supporting outside sub consultants.
4. Assist with coordination of work of cable TV and telephone companies.
5. Preparation of Civil Engineering plans using traditional design tools, AutoCAD Civil 3D, EaglePoint Pinnacle Series, Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis (SSA), AutoTurn 3D, ParkCAD, HEC-RAS, Hydraflow Express Hydrographs and Storm Sewers, TR-55, TR-20, WaterCAD, etc.
Design skills set/tasks will include: a. layout of roads, lots, buildings, etc.; b. establish street cross-sections and profiles; c. rough, hold down, and final grading, raw and adjusted earthwork volume calculations; d. erosion & sediment control design, drainage area maps and calculations (hydrology and hydraulics), and details; e. storm drainage layout, drainage area maps and calculations (hydrology and hydraulics), details and profiles; f. stormwater management design, drainage area maps and calculations (hydrology and hydraulics), details and profiles; g. water system layout, design flow estimates and flow network hydraulic calculations; h. sewer system layout, design flow estimates and flow network hydraulic calculations.
6. Preparation of quantity takeoffs.
7. Preparation of cost estimates.
Powered by JazzHR